Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Cancer List

Sit down next to a person with a chronic illness , and they can tell you each and every name of all the medications , tests , diagnosis they have had over the years . They know their levels , blood pressure , cholesterol  and sugar intake . They remember the type of treatment they have had , what month /date/time it was administered and the type of reaction it caused . 

I am not one of those people . 

I'm lucky if I can remember the year or at least the first couple of letters in the name of my treatment . It just doesn't seem important to me . I rather leave all that to my doctors . As long as I know the basics , I'm good .

First of all , I don't want anyone to feel I am attacking them . If you are one of the people I have described  above , please don't be offended . I'm the inept one with a lack of memory for learning new things . I'm full of praise for anyone who possesses  these skills . 

The more I think about it  , the more I'm convinced it may be my subconscious purposely avoiding the vital importance of actually having cancer . Thinking " happy thoughts " prevents the gloominess of reality settling in . 

I've always felt my time here on Earth is limited , why spend it worrying about my cancer ? I want to enjoy every bit of my time here . That's why I get so upset when I'm unable to do what I love to do . . . . crochet and blog . 

When it comes to my health . . . . .  well . . . . just tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it . The rest  ( the worrying about results ) is a waste of time for me . God has written my story , from beginning to    end , whatever that story may be . I have accepted it , too bad everyone in my life hasn't . They're waiting for a miracle , but that miracle has already occurred . I'm saved .

My treatment , my cancer , my medications . . . . that list will be endless and probably never ending . I have no desire dwelling on something I cannot change . Life is too short for that . 

Have a Blessed day everyone . 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...