Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Rainy Cold Days

:REST: This promise appeals to everyone, regardless of culture, race, and historical moment. Who hasn’t known the despair of bone-weariness, when life’s responsibilities are too many and our resources too few? Even monotony wears down our everyday will, contributing to the numbing depletion of our strength. Yes, we want this God-given relief from life’s anxious toil, worry, and fear. Rest is a ripe promise for all of us.
TODAY IN THE WORD.

It's October . The rain hasn't ceased all night and as I sip my morning coffee , I know it will be a drizzle kind of day . I don't want to go out there . 

Rainy days remind me to slow down and rest . They are perfect for curling up on the couch with a good book , a movie or just a crocheting hook . Rainy days are lazy days where our bodies respond to the natural acts of naps and rest and comfort food  . 

Who wants to go out ? Not I !

If we could only hibernate during these cold , rainy days ! Just shut the door and live within our own little world . What would that look like ? How would you spend that time inside ? Would you be bored or more like me , treasuring each minute ?

The cold air has swept in to remind us of the upcoming winter . Brrrr ! I'm not looking forward to it . Who wants to scrape the ice off their cars every single time they need to use one ? The bone-chilling cold that invades your body , stealing all the warmth present every time we open the door . 

These past few weeks , I feel as if I'm scrambling around  trying to play catch-up with last minute details . Appointment after appointment fills my date book . Like a squirrel scurrying around  looking for nuts , I'm checking off the errands off my list . 

I'm becoming lazy , wanting to hibernate in my cozy little apartment , not worrying about work or any other responsibilities . I know so many people that are at home every day , because of their illnesses or disabilities . I bet they wish they could change places with me . 

It's the cold ....the rain ..... the cloudy skies ....they place a melancholy atmosphere wherever we go . Or at least they do on me . Thank goodness , I don't have to shovel snow anymore !

Have a Blessed day everyone .






No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...