Thursday, September 25, 2014

Throwback Thursday

It's been a very trying week with the arthritis in my leg acting up making it very difficult to walk , climb stairs and even sleep at night . I'm looking forward to the weekend


The following story made me smile , which I badly needed .       Sometimes , things happen the other way we may want them to for a reason  . God may have a better idea . This obviously was the case 

here . 


Looking back , I can  see the small indications of how my Crocheting Ministry was formed bit by bit . 




This Is The Story

This is the story of a couple of blankets that I made last year  , actually it might be longer than that . I started a project where I would make blankets for the nursing home . I gave myself a deadline of Christmas which at that time wasn't more than 6 months away or so . Not much time , I know .

The game plan was for my neice Kathy to take her daughter and their tiny doggie (Jackie ) to entertain the seniors and to pass out the blankets . After leaving several messages , we found that no one was calling us back . Christmas came and went  and still no call back . It seemed no one was interested in what we were offering . 

I was extremely disappointed . Maybe , my blankets were just too plain and simple for the city . In a situation like this , your  self-esteem plummets downward .

A few months pass and my Joe ends up speaking at Farmer City Nursing Home . A light bulb appears above my head and the next time I see him , I hand over my stack of blankets for him to deliver to this nursing home . 

Now , what I'm about to tell you next will place my son in an unfavorable light . Just remember that he is a MAN . I believe it might have been at my chemo party that I asked him if he delivered them .

Oh yes , the children made cards and presented them to the seniors along with the blankets .

Last July , we all went on vacation together . As we pulled into their garage , my eyes were drawn to a box that was filled with my blankets . At that moment , I remember faintly hearing excuses being made as I got out of the car and proceeded to stuff as many of the blankets I could into my suitcase . That totaled about two . 

I believe now , that the blankets were meant for a different purpose in a different place . I do have an idea , but I will keep that to myself for now . Yes , I have forgiven my son , after all he is just a man . 

Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...