Monday, September 22, 2014

A Monday Blessing

I ran into my next door neighbor coming up the stairs of our building , limping all the way . She looked tired and bent over slightly , her hair wildly askew , standing there in her bathrobe even though it was mid morning .

"Are you alright , Arlene ? "  I inquired , surprised to see her in this state . Her back went out again and the pain was unbearable , shooting darts up and down her one side . 

" I have something for you , Lottie . " She hands me a large box filled with designer handbags . Astounded , I stared back at her not knowing what to say . 

" Bless someone else with these " , she says . She proceeded to tell me how Blessed she has been all of her life . Even though she wasn't well off , she always felt that God provided for her . Now she wanted to share her blessings with others . 

I couldn't stop thinking about her all  morning . This woman was in constant pain from her back . Her health situation has caused her to be passed over many times career wise , going from one job to another . I'm sure it has affected her lifestyle , as well . 

Yet , she found time to think of others . Many people would look upon this situation and only see their glass as half empty . If only we all saw things things that way . Imagine how much better off we would be  and the positive affect our lives would undergo . 

Blessings are interwoven into our lives with a boomerang effect . What we give out , comes back with even more strength  and so forth and so forth . 

I look down at the beautiful handbags , wanting to keep one for myself . Who wouldn't ? I have to remind myself that there are people out there who have nothing . Or never had anything new or pretty or handmade . We all want to feel like someone cares about us . 

It's Monday , let's go out there and Bless someone ! Have a Blessed day everyone . 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...