Thursday, May 8, 2014

Throwback Thursday

I've always driven used cars and anyone that knows me has heard me complaining about my car troubles . During my second bout  with cancer , my car really was acting up constantly with silly things like a screw getting loose or something minor like that . I was literally at my little brother's place every couple of days .

 

I was convinced my car was sick right along with me .I also had major FMLA problems  with paperwork getting lost , my insurance was getting cancelled by mistake , things like that . 

 

My life was so out of whack , so out of place , even my emotions ran wild and no one knew it . To the outside world , I was calm as a cucumber . When we went to that concert that night , I felt God's love envelope me in His loving arms . To this day , I wish people that same experience whenever I write a greeting to them .


My Car Has Cancer , Too

  I think My car has cancer right along with me . Eversince , this "thing "has come back , my car has been acting up getting an attitude. Just this week , while pulling out of my brothers house , I developed a flat tire. How ? Where ? You're kidding right? No folks , I'm not . Sometimes , I think  JESUS  himself is driving my car because there is no way it could hold up otherwise.
   Then there is all the lovely paperwork that gets lost or entered wrong .Just last week it took two days to correct a mistake  that resulted  in my insurance card being expired . Had to pay full price for all my prescriptions.Thats not even fiunny when you have like three of them .Today , I didn't get paid because someone thought to do me a favor and save all my vacation for when I come back .....the vacation is good only until the end of the year . I won't be back by then . I guess , they thought I would be grateful, instead I'm just broke.
  I could go on and on but then why should I relive it over again . My only consolation is that this time around I'm able to catch the  mistakes right away AND people are really nice in trying to fix this . Just to let you get an idea of how it was last time........I didn't get paid for 6 weeks......6 weeks . I guess they thought I didn't need the money .  My sister-in-law, Tammy , was wonderful in handling all these things for me back then .
  I believe the devil has been chasing me  and chasing me but he just can't seem to catch me . He's been throwing monkey wrenches in my path trying to discourage me.To make me cry and feel helpless . I don't need him to tell me I'm not in control . I know I'm not in control here . The thing is , he seems to think he's in charge .
  No matter , how bad things get , God takes care of me . HE always seems to send an angel disguised  as a girlfriend , fellow churchgoer , a small gesture by a stranger or a loved one . AND they provide me with a hug , a word of encouragement , a card sent or a small squeeze on the shoulder while passing by .
  Today , God sent me an angel called Belen. As I cried my troubles out to her , she encouraged me . AND tonight we are going to Casting Crowns Concert and we're going to jump up and down like little schoolgirls .
   As for that cancer stricken car , its gonna be okay , because its strong and GOD is behind the wheel!

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...