Sunday, May 18, 2014

I Am A Christian

The Cross In My Pocket
by: Verna Mae Thomas

I carry a cross in my pocket
a single reminder to me
of the fact that I am a Christian 
no matter where I may be .

This little cross is not magic
nor is it a good luck charm .
It isn't meant to protect me
from every physical harm . 

When I put my hand in my pocket
to bring out a coin or key
the cross is there to remind me 
of the price  He paid for me .

It reminds me too , to be thankful
for my blessings day by day
and to strive to serve Him better 
in all that I do and say . 

It's also a daily reminder 
of the peace and comfort I share
with all who know my Master
and give themselves to His care . 

So , I carry a cross in my pocket
reminding no one , but me
that Jesus Christ is Lord of my life 
if only I'll let Him be . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...