Monday, August 26, 2013

Where Am I ?

Lately , the burning question of my health status is on everyone's mind . Where am I at regarding my health ?

Well , my health status hasn't really changed at all since the last time we spoke . This is the first time that my treatment has become an ongoing one  and that has everyone concerned .

In the past , I would undergo my six treatments and end up in remission immediately after . That is not the case anymore and that has people wondering something is going on .

We have to remember that my cancer only grew three centimeters and that is the normal size of growth for me . I think that because I have regular , scheduled appointments and tests , any irregularity is taken cared of right away .

This time around , my growth is only diminishing a centimeter at a time and at the moment it happens to be 1 1/2 centimeters . I think of this time as preventive medicine . I might never be done , but will continue taking preventive medication so it doesn't get out of control . This is just a thought .

The problem seems to be with my appearance , because I don't look like I have cancer . My hair didn't fall out this time , my weight is just fine . I look healthy and that has everyone thinking that I'm cured .

The picture of a thin , fragile , bald person with cancer who spends most of their time in the bathroom vomiting , doesn't exist anymore . The advances they have made with treatment allows people to look totally opposite that image and actually permits people to live out their life .

So where am I at ? Although , physically I'm still undergoing treatment , my mind is in perfect alliance with God . I love this stage of my life and try very hard not to focus all my energies on my cancer , but try to divert them by involving myself in servitude .
That's where I am at . Where are you at ?

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...