Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Simply Pampering

Being pampered is not something I'm really accustomed to , spending majority of my youth scrimping and saving . Manicures , pedicures and facials all were done at home versus the salon . An occasional visit to get a haircut was all I allowed myself .

It seems the younger generation has this down pack , frequently visiting salons and experiencing the art of pampering . Believe me , I'm not criticizing , but stand in awe of how body conscious they are of their own so early on . They are taking care of themselves with a little of preventive pampering . I wish I was that smart when I was young .

The older I get , the more pampering I need and desire . Our bodies start hurting in places we didn't even know we had . Many of times , I've come home with shoes in hand , limping and wincing straight to my bed . Didn't   I say I've been craving some pampering ?

When Kathy invited me along for a massage , I went without any hesitation . Since I've never had one before , I didn't know what to expect . I did feel funny having a stranger lay their hands on me . My fave part was the foot and head massage . . . . pure heaven . Although , I was a little sore a couple of days later , I'm definitely going back .

I can't always run for a massage when I want to , so at home ,  I have to use what I have . . . . a wash basin to soak my feet in and a bathtub for a bubble bath . From time to time , I have a beauty makeover night where homemade facials of cucumber slices  and an egg wash conditioner for the hair is made .

All that aside , to me the best pampering involves simply a night to myself , crocheting and watching a favorite show . I guess , I'm not really a girly girl .

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...