Sunday, August 18, 2013

Under Construction

As I have arrived to this current roadblock on my path in life , my first reaction was to completely shutdown . My soul filled with anger , bitterness and disappointment at everything surrounding this thing called " my life ". The rose colored glasses lay on the ground , broken and covered with thorns .

Calls went unanswered , messages left unopened , I posted a sign on this blog : Under Construction . Keeping to myself , I longed for the weekend to arrive quickly , locking the door behind me so no
 " people " would enter . I wasn't leaving this apartment where others could hurt me , not even for church .

I questioned the existence of this blog , its worth  and its substance . I questioned whether I could even consider myself a writer . Did I really have anything to say that was worth hearing ? Was anyone even reading ?

What about all those blankets and things I have crocheted for others ? Do they really mean anything to them ? Or are they thrown into the closet never to be seen again ? All those slippers I have made , what has happened to them ? Have they ended up in the trash where someone considered them ugly . . . stupid . . . . pointless .

Doubts . . . .the devil thrives on them . He looks for opportunities to attack our insecurities with lies and more lies . I succumbed to them .

God had other plans for me .

Sunday came and I grudgingly went to church , hoping it would go by quickly so I could run home and wallow . The worship started . . .
Here in Your Presence
we are undone

That was the best worship I have experienced in a very long time . Tears flowed freely and I knew He was there with me . I 've realized that we all are under construction from time to time remodeling our soul for the better . This was a time I needed for myself to work on myself . We cannot keep running around being everything to everyone without taking some " me time " to spend with our Father .

So I have decided to leave the " Under Construction " sign on my blog while I undergo a transformation and prepare myself for the road ahead . You see . . . .

God has a plan for me .

Have a Blessed day everyone .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...