Sunday, August 25, 2013

Hello Kai

A few days ago , Kathy gave birth to a son named Kai Avery and I fell in love .



I held him . I smelled him . I caressed him . I whispered to him .

He has awakened a desire deep inside of me that I thought was long buried . I love children and they seem to reciprocate the feeling . I think this passion I share for them exists because of my past .

You see , I never had my last child , or the experience of having my last child . My second and fourth child , both sons , never lived past the age of five months and one month . Since then , I literally melt when I see a baby .

So after meeting Kai for the first time , I went home and sent pleading messages to my two adults children to provide me with a wee baby grandchild . Of course , I got the usual " someday " remark I always get which sent me into a pouting , angry mood .

" What are they waiting for ? For me to die ? I'm on borrowed time as it is ! "

As usual , God has a way of bringing me down to really count my Blessings . During my Devotions , I came across a story of a woman who never had children after countless years of trying .
Do I need to say more ?

I am so very Blessed ! I've had the joy of having four children , two of which grew into adulthood . I have many  and I mean many nieces and nephews . I serve as a Sunday School teacher surrounded by little ones . Young adults see me as their second mom seeking advice from me . What more could I possibly want ?

It is very selfish of me to behave in this manner when so many have never experienced as much as I have . God Bless Devotionals and God Bless Kai !

Have a Blessed day everyone .

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean, Lottie. I have 5 grandchildren (all girls) and I am constantly wanting more! After all, I don't have a grandson YET! Thanks for the reminder to count our blessings, name them one by one...

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...