Monday, March 12, 2012

So You're Healing ?

   These days , everyone wants to know how I'm healing . Well , the healing will take a long time . . . . months.. .......years . It's not something that can happen overnight . But there are little signs ...
   Today , as I soaked in the tub , reading and having a cup of coffee , I realized I'm actually enjoying the cup of coffee . It's been 6 months since that happened . Oooh, how I missed it ! Yes, I am healing little by little .
   There are other signs like the stubble on my legs . Oh why , oh why , did that have to return ? Soon , I will have to start shaving those legs again . My hair is also starting to grow . Just peach fuzz really , but there it is ......so soft and so light . I might just come out all gray .
    There are also other unpleasant signs . The side effects of the chemo . That boil I had ? My daughter-in-law read that people taking chemo are more susceptible to them . I'm not really surprised . My right hand goes numb while I'm asleep ......something I remember all too well from the last time . It took almost 6 months for that to go away . My left knee is hurting .... just like last time . I need to make an appointment  about that .
     How am I healing ? Slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...