Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Let's Pray Together

     There are people out there who will never like me no matter what I say  or do . We all have people like that in our life . One of these people works with me . I have learned that no matter how sweet I may be to her or understanding  or try to appease her ......all I end up doing is getting her angrier .
     One thing she does that I abhor is bad mouth me behind my back . She curses me to anyone or everyone who will listen . I have learned to turn the other cheek . She has been made to apologize to me a few times .I have tried to talk things over to no avail . She simply doesn't like me . End of story .
     Driving home this morning from work , I felt such defeat . Turning the other cheek is becoming harder and harder . Years ago , I would have fought her and won . Now , I'm a different person and all I can think about is how sorry I am for her . How miserable she must feel . How lost and lonely her life surely is .....what other explanation could there be for wanting to bring such terrible harm to another person . This stays with me all day . Even now , as I prepare for work , I think with dread of the night before .
       My friend Linda comes to mind as I picture her , all tired and worn looking from the chemo . Yes , she still is taking treatments and they are taking their toll on her . I feel for her . I feel her pain just as much as I felt " my haters " pain .
     My other friend , who is awaiting the news of her biopsy . I can sense her fear , her husbands , her sons . Looking at me must painfully bring to mind what could be ......what life could turn  into . The other side of the coin that nobody calls out .
    There is a woman , whose husband left for Afghanistan , her children all grown , who walks in to a lonely and empty house for the first time in her life . Searching for a friendly voice in the dark . There is no answer .
    These women are real women in my life.  I feel for all these women .They all deserve prayer . They deserve God's love . Let's pray together  . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...