Friday, March 23, 2012

I Had A Dream

      Taking a nap has become my daily ritual . Usually , right after supper , with my stomache full , I start feeling tired .  With my windows open letting in a gorgeous breeze and the curtains billowing , I fell asleep .
      The next thing I became aware of was Emily shaking me awake .  " Mom , the Women's Group ". I jumped out of bed when I noticed the time . With 15 minutes left before Group started I rushed out the door . Thank goodness , I live right around the corner . My anxiety turned to disappointment when I noticed the sign saying Group was cancelled for this week . No matter how tired or busy I get , I thoroughly enjoy Group . I feel like my soul needs it to survive .
      It was on my way home that I realized just how rested I felt . That nap was great . I felt refreshed and ready to take on what came next .  It came to me that I had a dream during my nap .
        In my dream I was surrounded by many people . All I heard were people asking me to take off my scarf , which I did . I heard their exclamations of delight . They were oohhing and aahhing my hair . Rushing to a mirror  , I looked at my reflection . My hair was beautiful . It was long , past my shoulders , it was wavy and very light . It was the color I had in my childhood . My hair was gorgeous . I couldn't believe all this hair was underneath my scarf all this time . That's when I woke up .
       I thought about this dream and what it's symbolism meant to me . In a way , right now , I'm like a larva that will slowly turn into a beautiful , colorful butterfly . I've always cried for my hair being gone , but I know it will grow back more beautiful as ever .
      This dream comforted me . It was as if God was sending me a kiss to reassure me that I am beautiful even with all my scars . Right now , I may  still have traces of cancer written all over me but soon they will be gone . I can't wait for that dream to become a reality .

1 comment:

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...