Saturday, March 17, 2012

Healed By His Touch

    Many , many years ago in preparation for my third child's Baptism , parents were expected to attend a class . At the end of that class , the leader asked if some of us seasoned parents would share advice with the new parents . I remember what I shared , " What works with one will not work with the other ." That set off a response from the new parents on proving me wrong . They named authors with their book titles .......books that they could not live without . I , treaded bravely on making a joke .......
       " A mother has her  first child and reads  Dr.Spock faithfully . The same woman has another child  and throws the book out ."
      Believe me , they were not laughing . Feeling chastised , I sat quietly after that . I was young and didn't want to start anything with these parents . Now , I wouldn't have sat quiet at all . I think I would have laughed out loud .
     The other day , I experienced  something similiar . Let me start off by saying  that I trully respect these women and know them well . I certainly don't want any of them to think the opposite here .
       We were speaking about healing . Someone asked for healing on an illness she had  and I , of course , mentioned my medical view on the subject . I could see in their eyes and faces how much they disagreed with me . Maybe not even so much as disagree as much as disappointed with my opinion . . . . as if I didn't believe in healing . Again , I kept quiet , but it 's bothering me so much that I felt I needed to write about it . Why didn't I speak up ? Because I trully care for these women . Maybe , one or two understood what I was saying . Another reason is that it's much easier to speak out in a room of strangers than it is with people you know . Third ,  I felt outnumbered .
     Here is my view . I believe the woman who asked for healing is not being honest with herself on why she doesn't want her doctor's next step . I have fought a women's cancer now twice . I'm a huge advocate of heeding any symptoms your body is displaying . If there is a cancerous tumor anywhere on my body , I will do anything I have to do to get rid of it .
    As to healing .......I believe in  healing . I believe God healed me 5 years ago .I still can't believe I am here . Just as I know He healed me again . I also believe there are different kinds of healings . I believe He heals us at times right away on the first try and it never comes back again . I believe He heals us for a short period of time over and over again . Some of us are healed by taking us home with Him . And some of us experience a healing of our soul rather than our body .
   People's view on healing is a little warped . I wish God could heal all of us completely in the way we want Him to . .. . imagine this ......noone would ever die . There would be no handicapped people .. ...only perfect people .
   I pray for healing everyday of my life . I pray for my headache to disappear , my feet to stop aching  or my cancer to go away completely . If He doesn't heal me in the way I may want Him to it's not because I didn't want it bad enough or prayed the right way . I believe I'm healed  , my soul , my very being is healed even if my body isn't . When I go up to heaven , it's my soul , not my body that arrives there .
    
     

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, listening and trying to really understand where the other person is coming from is the best thing (and the hardest thing to do)! She's on a journey of discovery, just as you were 5 years ago... The Lord will teach her gently as He has you. Maybe the best thing you can do for her is pray. Sounds like she's scared...

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...