Saturday, October 12, 2019

My Most Cherished Memory Pt.4

                                                              Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                               everyday is a journey.

I've many a cross to take up now,
    And many left behind;
  But present troubles move me not,
    Nor shake my quiet mind.
  And what may be to-morrow's cross
    I never seek to find;
  My Father says, "Leave that to me,
    And keep a quiet mind."
ANON

The photo above is courtesy of my friend Cindy Alvarado taken on her trip back to her homeland of Ecuador.


My Uncle John inherited the farm. I have never had a desire to visit the farm again. I was afraid deep down inside that it would erase the memory of my grandparents and my time with them. I knew that it would never be the same if I ever returned back there again. I didn't want to be disappointed.

Memories such as these are precious to us, because of what they meant to us at the time. For a small child whose parents had such a tumultuous relationship, it was a pleasure to be surrounded by a relaxed atmosphere with a couple who were good to one another. Plus, I lacked a father/daughter relationship. Something that I gained with my grandpa. He filled those shoes and I saw what I could have with my own father, but didn't. 

Grandparents play a vital role in our lives. When they pass away, we feel it in many ways. They probably think that no one will remember them down the generations. How untrue. I think of my own grandparents all the time. I see them reflected in my own children, my nieces and nephews. It is there in the resemblance, the mannerisms and the values. I look at my brothers and see each one has a little bit of grandpa in him. Forgotten? I don't think so.

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...