Sunday, October 6, 2019

Just Share It:Lisa Robertson

                                                                            Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                               everyday is a journey


Recollection is the only
paradise from which we 
cannot be turned out.
—Jean Paul Richte

I am firm believer that we all have a path in life. Some may call it a path and others call it a journey. Whatever you may choose to call yours, make it a good one. It has taken me almost half my life to realize what path I should be on. I try not to dwell on what could have been if I had listened with an open heart long time ago. I hope you enjoy the story below as much as I have, but beware, it leaves one lost in memories. Hope they're good ones, lol. 


The Path of Life
LISA ROBERTSON
“You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.” Psalm 16:11 (NIV)
Growing up in the mountain foothills west of Denver, I walked on paths every day: a path to school, a path to my friend’s house, a path to my babysitting job. I walked everywhere, and everywhere I walked was on a path or a dirt road.
Throughout my childhood, I learned to depend on and enjoy the different paths. Every path led to an important destination. They were all created and tested by those who walked years before me, each one distinct. The colors of the changing seasons or the beauty of fresh snow created a new experience daily. They filled me with confidence to keep walking, one step at a time, and eventually led me to the places I needed to go.
Years later, as a young bride, I received a wedding present. I don’t remember the gift, but the message will never be forgotten. “Congratulations, Lisa and Tim. Love, the Ditchfields … Psalm 16:11.” With a Bible nearby, I looked up this verse and discovered these words of promise for God’s path of life.
“You make known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.”
After our wedding, I moved away from my family and Denver. Filled with the comfort and confidence of knowing God was with me on all parts of this journey, I began a new path as a wife in Virginia.
I’ve found there are three promises in this one verse:
Even with these promises, we could still stumble on the path. The undercurrents of jealousy, bitterness, resentment or anger continue to challenge me. Each one has the potential to slow down the progress of the journey.
However, the Lord helps me not to trip and fall because He is with me. The key to navigating life’s challenges is found in the simple word “ask.” Repeatedly, God invites us to simply ask Him.
As a woman, I ask for peace, patience, understanding and compassion. As a mother and a grandmother, I ask for wisdom. As a wife, I ask for God to guide our marriage and fill it with His love. As a daughter, I ask for compassion and peace for my aging parents.
Daily, I look to follow God because I know that on His path, I will be in His presence and filled with joy. His joy is my strength. On this journey, I will discover God’s pleasures every day of my life and into eternity. The promise of Psalm 16:11 fills me with excitement and purpose. It motivates me to keep walking with God on His path. I trust it will do the same for you.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...