Monday, August 19, 2019

Looking Good? Not!

                                                   Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




Be useful where thou livest, 
that they may
  Both want and wish thy
 pleasing presence still.
  ...Find out men's wants and will,
  And meet them there.
 All worldly joys go less
  To the one joy of doing kindnesses.
G. HERBERT.

I like to wear Summer dresses or skirts. I feel very carefree and feminine doing so. Recently, I bought a couple of lightweight dresses at Walmart and couldn't wait to wear them at my Great-nephew's 6th birthday party. 

Now, I know I am a full figured woman. Not an hourglass figure, but more of a rounded ball type. Still, I have been feeling good about myself since I am on this journey to finally accept and love this body I have been given. 

The day finally arrived and I slipped into this rust colored dress. I thought I looked fabulous, baby. Heck, I even shaved my legs! I pranced right in where everyone was seated. My mother gave me a glance. That should have been my warning, but I didn't heed it. Hey, I felt fabulous!

I walked around and mingled, fully exhibiting all angles of this physique of mine. I laughed and I ate, enjoying myself completely. Mind you, I was surrounded by skinny people. There were only three of us that were round, yeah round. 

Then I saw the pictures from the party. Good Lord! That's all I can say. Good Lord! Why is it that when we feel like we look great, it's usually the opposite. What must have these people been thinking? I agonized over those pictures for what seemed like hours. Then I thought to myself: Does it really matter? I mean, I know I am fat, they know I am fat, so why am I surprised that I look fat in the pictures? As long as I don't have to be staring at those pictures over and over again, I'm moving on. That's it. Moving on, folks.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...