Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Knowing The Unknown




I grew up around fortune tellers, tarot card and palm readers. Checking my daily horoscope to make sure I didn't make the wrong move became a big part of my existence. On birthdays, the big thing was to have our cards read so we could know the future. It was on that day all the stars were perfectly aligned to get the best reading possible. I spent a huge part of my youth trying to find out whom I would marry or how many children I would have. Would I be rich? Did my future husband have dark hair? I kept searching for that perfect man, perfect children, perfect future.

 I envisioned my life a lot differently back then. Then the cancer came and once again, life changed. My vision changed with it. Each time I found myself at a crossroad, my perception of how my life would turn out differed than what was in my head. Even now, when I look into the future, I see it or I should say, I see my own version of it.

I often wondered if my own mom ever thought as a child that she would cross the Atlantic ocean with three small children in tow. Plus, to a Country where she didn't even know the language. She left a communist Country with all her possessions on her to come here, the unknown. That's courage. That's boldness. That's faith.

I love my home, my peaceful sanctuary. I enjoy the quiet time, because it's during my quiet time that God speaks the loudest to me. Once again, a crossroad is coming up. Who knows where this one will lead, but you know what? I don't really want to know ahead of time. Let it be revealed to me in small pieces. It is so much sweeter that way. So much more appreciated.

No matter how overwhelming your problems, have no fear. God will strengthen and help you. He will hold you up and make you adequate for any situation.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...