Sunday, August 4, 2019

One Day

                                                        Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



When the clouds of sorrow gather over us,
we see nothing beyond them,
 nor can imagine how they can be dispelled;
 yet a new day succeeded to the night,
and sorrow is never long without a dawn of ease.
—Dr. Samuel Johnson.


I've been thinking about all the people we have met over the years. many of these people have stayed for only a short time. Others never seem to leave us at all. 

The minute I gave that afghan to my single mom that relapsed, I handed her over to God. That may sound strange to you, but I spent many hours praying over each and every stitch that I crocheted. I prayed over the blanket that will cover her. Cried a few tears, too. She is in my heart, folks. 

I will never forget the look on her face when I gave it to her. Never. She looked so happy. I hope it brings her much comfort. 

When I look upon her, I don't see the needle marks on her arms and legs. I don't see the dark circles on a sunken face. I don't see a painfully thin and sickly young woman. I see Lori. I see the woman that I first met a year ago who was so honest about her struggles with substance abuse. It's a fresh start for us, she said. 

Haven't we all been there in one way or another? We all made bad decisions, led regretful lives, haven't we? Yet, she hides away from me when she sees me in shame. Shame . . . as if I've never felt that. 

I often wonder what happens to all those people who pass through our lives fleetingly. Do they leave a permanent mark on us? Do we leave one on them? Why were they in our lives in the first place? 

I hope that one day I can find out all the answers to these questions. I hope to one day see these same people that were so broken made new again. I look forward to that day. I look forward to seeing Lori new again and free of all these chains that are holding her down in that shameful pit. You are not forgotten. I see you. El Roi sees you. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...