Monday, August 26, 2019

A New Category

                                                            Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                             everyday is a journey

One there lives whose guardian eye
  Guides our earthly destiny;
  One there lives, who, Lord of all,
  Keeps His children lest they fall;
  Pass we, then, in love and praise,
  Trusting Him through all our days,
  Free from doubt and faithless sorrow,--
  God provideth for the morrow.
R. HEBER



Earlier this week, I received a voicemail from my Oncologist's office, asking me to call them as soon as possible. Since the Ct. Scan denial from my insurance company was still fresh on my mind, I quickly called them back wondering if it was somehow related. They wanted to reschedule my appointment and again I wondered if my doctor was still on maternity leave. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

They wanted to reschedule my appointment for one reason. I have been placed in a new category.  It seems that there has been a huge influx of cancer patients at the clinic. This is nothing new to me. I have been saying as much every time I went for an appointment. The waiting room has been over crowded. It has been almost impossible to find parking at certain times of the morning. Everywhere I went, the waiting rooms were packed. Cancer is running rampart among us, folks.

Anyway, since there is such a great overflow in the cancer clinic, the Director has brought in another Oncologist to come in twice a month. They have placed us patients into two categories: Active and Survivor. I, of course, am the survivor. I will be seeing the new Oncologist and if there is some new development with my cancer, she will keep my regular Oncologist updated.

I believe that this new status within my clinic has something to do with the denial from my insurance company. I will know more when I will go for my appointment and I will keep everyone informed of any new changes. It's kind of weird, because I never thought of myself in those terms, a survivor. I mean, I am a survivor, but it is so strange to see that under my name. I guess, I have always thought of myself as the patient. Maybe, it's time to think otherwise.


Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...