Thursday, August 10, 2017

Thankful

                                             Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



If there were dreams to sell,
Merry and sad to tell,
And the crier rang the bell,
What would you buy?

Being thankful is easy when things are looking bright, but how do you become thankful when times are thirsty and dry? We all have been there in both situations. When we are in our dry spell, we forget about all the great things God has done for us. The same goes when it's vice versa. I'm sure my post would have been much different in the dry spell. That's just the truth. 

Remember that saying misery loves company? It truly does. Whenever I'm having a really bad day, I never know when to stop it. I just keep piling on the negativity until it suddenly resembles a huge mountain. A mountain I cannot possibly climb all by myself without any help. So why do it in the first place? We cannot help ourselves. It is built inside of us from the Israelites time with Abraham at the helm. They complained miserably even though they were the only people that saw so many miracles first hand. Come on people, the parting of the Red Sea! Miracles like that didn't happen again until the New Testament when Jesus came.

For all my good intentions here today, I know I will fail terribly in the same department sooner or later. It could be tomorrow or next week or next month, but I will fall off the wagon. I'll go home with my tail between my legs desperately seeking and needing a break. I will regroup. I will rest up. I will emerge myself in the Word. I will rise again shaking off the negativity that embraced me in the first place. I will never stop trying to be as thankful as much as I can for what I have and when I forget by complaining. . . .well, we restart all over again the next day. 


I think that's what I'm truly thankful for the most -- the ability to be able to start fresh when I mess up. Thank you, Jesus for giving me the freedom to choose, for forgiving me when I make mistakes along the way and for spilling your blood for me so I can live in Paradise with you forever. Thank you.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...