Wednesday, August 16, 2017

A Bird Of Any Other Name

                                                                         Everyday is a brand new day, 
                                                                         everyday is a journey.





Are you a night owl or an early bird? It was this question posed by an old friend that sent me off into reflection. It seems that nowadays it doesn't take much for me to go off into lala land. Boy, am I getting old!

I, no longer am able to stay up all night nor exist on just four hours of sleep. I like my sleep. I need my sleep. I think back to my youth and wonder mystically how in the world did I stay up all night and work the next day existing on a few hours of sleep. Those days are gone.

I need rest and plenty of it. Some could say that my cancer has worn out my body and I believe it could be true. My age has definitely something to do with it, too. There is a difference in me since my last treatment. I have slowed down quite a bit.

Although, there is a distant part of me that longs for the night owl to return. I was able to do so much at night without any interruptions. Those were the days of my writing muse inspiring me like never before. Could it be the silence of the night where one could think more clearly? There was no laundry to load or answer a phone call. We couldn't do chores around the place. People were sleeping and we could write in peace.

I miss that, really miss that. 

A few months back, I had an early morning appointment for a Ct Scan. I think I ended up being the very first patient of the day (7 am). I sat there waiting for everyone to arrive. It was still dark outside and one could see the lights come on slowly in the surrounding buildings. The same could be said of the cars on the street. I sat there and watched the world come alive to a new day. It was beautiful and I couldn't wait to run home and start typing. I was so inspired by my view. 

The one thing I don't have here at the new place is a view. The bedroom windows were leveled with my desk at the last place so I could easily see outside. Not so here. I really miss that! Right now, I'm staring at my wall. 

We all become nostalgic from time to time, missing the good moments of our life the most. I wonder if we knew at that time that they were good moments? Hmm, something to definitely ponder. 

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...