Thursday, August 17, 2017

Spiritual Gifts

                                                                  Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


Plant in us an humble mind,
Patient, pitiful, and kind;
Meek and lowly let us be,
Full of goodness, full of Thee.
C. WESLEY.

According to my Pastor, we all have three spiritual gifts. Two of these gifts are extremely easy for us, but the third, that's the one that depletes us. Do you know you're spiritual gifts? My three, in the exact order, are: my blog, my crocheting ministry and my servitude/duty. 

I love writing and never realized just how much until I began this blog back in 2011. It's not something that is a hardship in anyway, but I feel I have to write about my journey with cancer, spirituality and my role in it. I originally began writing for my children, but ended up continuing this blog to inform people about life with cancer. I was so uninformed and naive when first diagnosed that I didn't want others to feel the same way. There are many hurting people out there and I wanted to help as much as I could. There are days where I am unable to write a post and I feel guilty. I feel guilty, because I should make the time. I should be better at this. 

My Crocheting Ministry has always felt more God driven than my own doing. It sort of happened on it's own without any real preparation from me. Keeping it going is a different story, involving a lot of behind the scenes work. People think I sit around and crochet all day. I wish it was true. The truth is that someone has to organize gatherings, search online and contact different charitable organizations. Or at least, check them out. Someone has to actively fundraise for free donations of yarn or supplies. Without donations, we just wouldn't be able to go on as a Ministry. Supplies of yarn have to be distributed among the volunteers and picked up. Then all the items are washed, folded, packaged and delivered to the charity of choice. A lot of work, but I love it.

In fact, both of these I love and enjoy doing. Where my struggle falls involves what I call my servitude/duty. I have this "thing" about coming to the need of others. If someone needs a ride, my hand immediately goes up. Someone cancels in Sunday School, I grab my Bible. It's these things that get me into trouble. It's these things that turn into a second, third or more commitment that involves total scheduling of responsibilities. I want to help, but somehow I become engrossed heavily in the problem or need of that individual. I struggle, but I finish whatever needs to be done. I walk away exhausted, because once again, I have over extended myself. I'm tired and end up taking a break.

It's funny, because it is the third one that I'm really known for. When there is a need, I'm usually the one they approach first. Take the Purple Baby Hats for Shaken Baby Syndrome. Do you know how many people have copied and pasted that ad to my Facebook, private messenger, my e-mail, and phone? They knew I would take it on. . . . right along with the homeless mats, the red heart baby hats, the blankets for the homeless. There's a deadline? Don't worry. I'll make it happen. At the end of it, I will be very happy for being part of it, but exhausted. 

So what are your spiritual gifts and how do they fall in order? Which are your two easy ones and which one is the depleting one? I would love to know your answers. 

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...