Wednesday, August 23, 2017

My Daily Coffee Break

                                                                    Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



A cup of java has certainly changed over the years. In fact, it's hard to find a place where one can get an ordinary cup of coffee. Yes, just black or with cream. Nowadays, a cup of coffee has a fanciful name attached to it. You can have a French Kiss or a Mocha Latte or an Americano. For me, I'll stick with a plain cup of coffee with cream and sugar. 

One thing that hasn't changed is our need for a daily coffee break. We all have separate reasons for needing that moment of peace and quiet to ourselves. We make sure we make that time to read a book, bask in the sunshine of Summer and even get a manicure. Yet, we can't find the time to spend time with our Savior.

We spend so much time living in guilt. We keep going over and over in our minds what could have been, should have been and a whole bunch of only ifs. Fear truly holds us hostage and keeps us from moving forward. I have been afraid all of my life. Afraid of making it alone. Afraid of making a mistake or doing anything too risky. Afraid of moving on. Afraid of living, period. 

I've found that almost all of my decisions have been based on quick thinking. The answers had to come now, not later. It was somehow extremely important to resolve the situation as fast as possible. Why? Why couldn't I wait a little bit longer? Why couldn't I take my daily break to listen to what God was saying to me? I needed to have some alone time to find those answers. 

There is something so powerful in a trial. .. we actually learn from it. We learn how to cope, how to solve issues and how to react in a situation. All of that came from years of struggles. That didn't come overnight. It came from taking the time to sit down, really go over all the details and listening to the Word of God. Take that moment, even a few minutes, to bask in the beauty of what has been created just for us. Who knows what you may discover in the process.

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...