Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Revisiting The Past

      Driving through my old neighborhood the other day , I decided to take a spin past where I used to live . Driving around the back and front of the house , I kept searching for any signs of my old life . To my dismay I couldn't find any .
       Instead , I saw only the garage that needed repair and the window that had a crack . I saw the garden filled with weeds , all drab and unkept . The curtains weren't as pretty as the ones we used to have .
       It was the same old house , yet nothing  like I remembered it . Driving away , I thought to myself , why did I come back here for ? What did I hope to find ? Obviously , whatever I was looking for was no longer there . You really can't go back .
       Driving home , I thought back to my earlier days with this blog . I remembered the disappointment I felt but was afraid to mention out loud . I don't feel like that anymore . Whatever I felt then stays in the past because I'm a  different person now . That drab house with a cracked window no longer represents me . You c an't stop by for a visit . You can only drive past . You don't live there any longer .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...