Saturday, May 9, 2020

30 Days Of More: What Do You Want?

                            Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


One lesson, and only one, history may
be said to repeat with distinctness; 
that the world is built somehow on moral foundations;
 that in the long run, it is well with the good
; in the long run it is ill with the wicked.
—James Anthony Froud

Before we go any further, I think I need to state something here. I do want material things just like everyone else. I want a nice home in a nice neighborhood. I want to furnish it with nice things. There is nothing wrong with wanting more of things. Nothing. We all work hard and should reward ourselves for doing so.

It's the excessiveness of too much of the more that is the problem. We try way too hard to keep up with all the latest gadgets, big and small. It's safe to say that we all pretty much know what we want even if it isn't good for us. We just keep accumulating and accumulating more.

What is it that I want?

 It may be hard to believe, but I am pretty simple. My idea of grandeur is nothing compared to most people. I don't need much, because only a couple of things are important to me like books and crocheting. When it comes to these items, I want more and more of them. Everything else is just for existing like a bed or a table. It doesn't have to be fancy, just nice enough.

My needs have certainly changed with each decade. I can remember a time where I loved to accumulate things like shoes. I had over 33 pairs of shoes once. Can you believe that? I liked large houses, the hubbub of the city and my wish list was longer than Santa's Workshop. I would look at magazines and dream of one day having enough money to purchase these things. I can't even imagine living like that now.

Our needs change and what I wanted ten years or twenty years ago has changed drastically. I am happy with one good pair of shoes for work, one for going out and one for Winter. I have no desire for a large home nor do I want to spend time cleaning it! Give me the simple pleasures of living life well in peace and nature. Breathe in and breathe out, living my best life.

Have a blessed day everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...