Friday, May 15, 2020

30 Days Of More: More Of Him

                                    Everyday is a brand new day,
                                    everyday is a journey.  

Dost thou ask when comes His hour?
    Then, when it shall aid thee best.
  Trust His faithfulness and power,
    Trust in Him, and quiet rest.
ANON.



In my journey as a Christian, I have seen my thirst for learning as much as I can about Christ, deepen as the years passed. I think this happens to all of us. We begin as baby Christians, all full of excitement and we are eager to begin that Bible study or serve in any capacity. We want to develop into better Christians and we willingly offer our time to the Church. We have a new found love and thirst for knowing Jesus more.

 As years pass, we keep on learning and growing in our faith. I should say, some of us. The people that began the journey with me, not many of them are still here. Somewhere along the way, perhaps during a trial of theirs, they fell off. Or their journey ended and began somewhere else in a place unknown to me. Who is to say whether they picked it up once again or not. Definitely shouldn't be me.

All I know is that I want to know more, be more and definitely do more. I want more of Him.

I have read of many great preachers and teachers of the word, all claiming they spend time in the morning with Jesus before doing anything else. Males seem to favor the closet for some reason, but not us women. We choose a beautiful spot in the garden, on a terrace or at least have a nice scenery to look at through the window. That is something I've always wanted to experience, but quite never got there. It would begin, but never lasted long enough to become a habit. Some habits are good for us.

I began journaling as a way to de-stress of everyday living, but I quickly realized that the journal became a prayer journal for others. I found myself praying for everyone I knew needed prayers. It started out so insignificantly small with a prayer request from a friend, then another and another. Now I find myself praying daily in that journal.

When I am unable to pray, I write down my reflections on a particular part of a devotion. I find my time each morning spent this way to be extremely relaxing and I look forward to it. Of course, there are days where I cannot find a moment to sit down with my journaling. There might be a dentist appointment or grocery shopping to do, just living an ordinary life. It's there sitting on my desk waiting for me. 

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...