Sunday, May 10, 2020

30 Days Of More: Trust And Faith

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




How couldst thou hang upon the cross,
  To whom a weary hour is loss?
  Or how the thorns and scourging brook,
  Who shrinkest from a scornful look?
J. KEBLE.


We as Christians love to throw out words like trust and faith into every problematic situation. Just have more faith or have more trust in God. We love saying that, but are we walking the walk with what we are preaching? Do we have the kind of faith and trust that we tell others about? Declaring something and actually doing it are two separate things altogether.

I believe that we as Christians do have some level of trust and faith in God, we just need a bit more. I am always amazed at people who are filled to the top, actually brimming, with trust for God. They just know that things will turn out good no matter how tough the circumstances. They know it. They believe it deeply. Their faith is so strong, no one can shake them. Job was such a man. I want to be such a woman.

So how do we get that kind of faith and trust? We have to go through the fire. We have to experience the raw pain, the uncertainty, the heartbreaking devastation of living life. There's no way around it. We are not born with trust and faith, we have to acquire it.

When I was receiving all the care from my Oncology Team, I had tons of Faith and trust in God. It was easy, everything was approved and the more tests were done, the more I felt safe. Take away the more and I could almost hear God whispering to me, how much do you trust me now?

In the Bible, there are many instances where our trust in God was tested. Just look at Gideon and his 300 men (Judges 7). God took his entire army and left him with only 300 men to face his enemy. How well do you trust me Gideon?

When Moses parted the Red Sea, imagine the trust and faith it took for the Israelites to cross it (Exodus 14). I'm sure there was a bit of fear in thinking that perhaps the Sea would close them in. Yet, they did cross it successfully.

These are just two examples, but the Bible is full of such events where trust and faith were tested. We are so afraid of what we do not know. We fear that the pain will be so great that we will never get through it. How many times have feared something so badly that our anxiety went through the roof only to realize it was more in our head than in truth. We fear the unknown so much that we fail to realize that it could be the best thing for us.

So I guess, in a way, I have my answer. Through the fire I go.


Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...