Tuesday, December 17, 2019

8 Days Before Christmas.

                                                 Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


My crown is in my heart,
 not on my head:
Not decked with diamonds
and Indian Stones,
Nor to be seen.
 My crown is called content.
A crown it is that seldom kings enjoy.


It's been awhile since I had to use a seamstress let alone a dry cleaners. Emily's zipper on her Winter coat wasn't working properly, kept snagging and eventually stopped working altogether. Honestly, that coat is not even a year old. That zipper should have still worked fine, but unfortunately, things are not made the way they used to be. The quality is just not there. Working in manufacturing, I have learned that companies are always looking to cut costs.

Have I mentioned how much I am enjoying my time off?

It's not what I am doing that is bringing me so much relaxation, but the leisurely way I am doing it. There is no rush, no urgency in the way like when I am at work. This morning, Emily made some vegan bacon and eggs. Delicious! I also dug out two of our Christmas decorations: The tiny fiber optic Christmas tree and our candy cane door hanger.

                 
                            

Being home, I made a decision to go do some thrifting by visiting the Salvation Army and the Resale Shoppe in our neighborhood. I would always run in and out, heading directly to the crafting area part of the stores. This afternoon, I strolled through each of these stores, really taking in what they had to offer. What a difference! I was able to find a great little journal and an interesting book. I even tried on some jeans, but then saw my own reflection in the dressing room. Why do those mirrors never flatter our figures? A;ways the opposite.

We have been enjoying supper together usually watching a movie or show afterwards. Emily goes to bed a lot earlier since she has to be up around 2 a.m. and that means I am left alone to do some crocheting or paperwork. It has been nice, real nice and the thought that it will end after the Holidays dismays me terribly.Somehow, I have never worked a daily shift like normal people where I would be home in the evening. I like it . . . a lot.

Have a blessed day everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...