Thursday, December 5, 2019

Simply Breathe

                                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey




Make us of one heart and mind;
  Courteous, pitiful, and kind;
  Lowly, meek, in thought and word,
  Altogether like our Lord.
C. WESLEY.

Breathing . . . so simple, right? Then why do we have such a hard time sometimes dealing with the everyday stuff? The stress. The frustrations. The overwhelming schedules that somehow never seem depleted, never finished. During these types of days or weeks, life may seem suffocating. We are left unable to breathe normally as our hearts beat faster and faster with each heavy load.

Once the year is over, I plan on taking a long vacation from goals, planning or any kind of "to do" list. I just want to breathe in and out slowly inhaling everything around me in a leisurely way. This has been one of the most stressful years ever and I am grateful it is finally at an end.

For the past several years, I have been extremely goal oriented in finally getting my life in order. I have procrastinated in many things, stockpiling everything into a folder marked later. I realize that one of the reasons it has been stressful has to do with the fact that I have put things off far too long. When we keep shoving things under the carpet with the mentality of out of sight out of mind, sooner or later we will trip over that mountain of neglect. It's been far too long, my friends. I needed to address many issues that have plagued my life. Having finally done so, I paid for the consequences that followed. I acknowledge and accept my part in this, but I'm also ready to move on.

This coming year, I just want to live as peacefully and uneventfully as possible. Allow me the opportunity to breathe in and take stock of where I am in life. I am so appreciative of all that God has given me, regardless of perhaps the struggle that it required to achieve it. Life may be hard, but it is also rewarding. I look forward to further developing the relationships I hold so dear to my heart and any new ones that may come in the future. We can never be sure of where we are going. God has His own plan for us, so let's enjoy the journey.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...