Sunday, November 17, 2013

My Cup Half-Filled

We always feel like we can accomplish everything we set out to do . We can make a list of chores , errands or even a bucket list  and assume that it will be done sooner or later . In reality , most of our expectations are not realistic ones . If you are anything like me , you load your plate very high and only consume half . By the time we get to the other half , it's already spoiled or unappealing , losing it's charm .

I find myself in this situation over and over again . How many times can a person start over ? As many times as they have to . So , I'm redecorating a little , making room for some things and letting go of others . Cleaning out my closets and sometimes even coming out of the closet if need be .

Things haven't been turning out quite the way I have expected , but we adjust to whatever God has in store for us . Didn't I just pray " Let Your will be done " ? So here I am . . . . very tired and disappointed in that will , but I know it is the right thing for me .

The following poem I received from a mentor of mine , Barb Snodgrass . She somehow always seems to know what I need to hear at a precise moment in my life . Hope you enjoy it , too .

Drinking from my saucer I've never made a fortune, and it's probably too late now. 
But I don't worry about that much, I'm happy anyhow 
And as I go along life's way, 
I'm reaping better than I sowed. 
I'm drinking from my saucer, 
'Cause my cup has overflowed. 

Haven't got a lot of riches, 
and sometimes the going's tough 
But I've got loving ones all around me, 
and that makes me rich enough. 
I thank GOD for his Blessings, 
and the Mercies HE's bestowed. 
I'm drinking from my saucer, 
'Cause my cup has overflowed. 

I remember times when things went wrong, 
My faith wore somewhat thin. 
But all at once the dark clouds broke, 
and the sun peeped through again. 
So LORD, help me not to gripe, 
about the tough rows I have hoed. 
I'm drinking from my saucer, 
'Cause my cup has overflowed. 

If GOD gives me strength and courage, 
When the way grows steep and rough. 
I'll not ask for other blessings, 
I'm already Blessed enough. 
And may I never be too busy, 
to help others bear their loads.. 
Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer, 
'Cause my cup has overflowed. 


Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...