Sunday, July 9, 2017

Living From The Heart

                                                                  Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                 everyday is a journey.



In all the little things of life,
    Thyself, Lord, may I see;
  In little and in great alike
    Reveal Thy love to me.
 So shall my undivided life
    To Thee, my God, be given;
  And all this earthly course below
    Be one dear path to heaven.
H. BONAR


One of my fears is that I will stop caring when it comes to what is happening around me. I don't want to become immune to the suffering of the world, the community around me or show a lack of compassion to those near me. To me, to stop caring about life is a slow way to die.

God didn't save me ten years ago and gave me a second chance, a purpose for me just to abuse it. Sometimes, I feel like I'm becoming hard once again. The world can change a person, the way they think or how they see it from their view. I don't want to be the person I used to be. 

We struggle, don't we, in everything we do. The world is fast becoming distant, hungry for materialism and unattainable goals. It's a sure way for failure. For some reason, we are not satisfied with what we have and are continually searching for that "something more" that only God can fulfill. Remember that old Country song, Looking For Love In All The Wrong Places? Yeah, that's us.

None of us are exempt from falling into that cold trap of sterile emotions. Just the other day, while driving to work, a thought jumped into my head. What if there was an accident that occurred right in front of me? Would I stop to help? Would I stop to check if everyone was okay? I wish I could answer honestly yes, but for a millisecond, my first thought was I would be late for work. 

My first thought was about myself and not another person. Me, myself and I. I think we all can become coldly conditioned towards humanity if we stay too long in the world. Believe me when I say that I spent the majority of my weekend listening to broadcasts of various Evangelists in fear of staying lukewarm in the Word of God. 

The last thing I want to do is to be lukewarm in my love of God. I want to live wholeheartedly in the image of our Living Host, Jesus Christ. I don't want to stop caring or feeling or loving. Refresh me, Lord. Replenish my soul and send me forth anew. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...