Thursday, September 24, 2020

Yarn Bombing My Life

                            Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



Some murmur if their sky is clear,
And wholly bright to view,
If one small speck of dark appear
In their great heaven of blue:
And some with thankful love are filled,
If but one streak of light,
One ray of God's good mercy, gild
The darkness of their night.
R. C. TRENCH.


For the past several years, actually since 2013, I have made several crocheted items for others. Many, many things went from these hands to another, but I never really made things for myself. The longer I spend my time crocheting, the more I love what I do. So how come our home is not covered with crochet items?

The world of YouTube has definitely changed my life. They have opened my eyes to the crafter side to things I never could imagine. Who knew about diamond painting or Tunisian crocheting? Or looming? Or spinning? Or just junk journaling? I want to do it all!

When I watch these different channels, I have noticed they share a common thread. They craft bomb their homes. Whatever their craft may be it reflects in all of their surroundings as they display their work.

For me it's all about the yarn. I love all the different colors, textures and types. To me, yarn is beautiful and not just because of what it can create. Yarn is also my therapy. My happy place. My mental refresher. My joy.

If yarn means so much to me, why am I not expressing my joy outwardly? Why is my home so bare of any crochet items? Well, that will change. I have been home for the past three months enjoying myself immensely. I have made so many things that I only dreamt of in my mind. You know that saying , one day when I have some time , I will . .. .only one day really never comes. Again, that is changing. 

I am at the age where the simple things in life matter more to me than that paycheck or that status at work. What keeps you sane? What drives you passions? What brings you joy? More importantly, what are you doing about it? Living well life is very important. Don't you think it's time to find out what really matters in your life? Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...