Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Lunch With A View

                                           Everyday is a brand new day, 
                                         everyday is a journey.





O Lord my God, do Thou Thy holy will,--
I will lie still.
I will not stir, lest I forsake Thine arm,
And break the charm
Which lulls me, clinging to my Father's breast,
In perfect rest.
J. KEBLE.




The one thing I truly miss about my last job happen to be my friends. When you work in a place for almost 25 years, one develops friendships. Of course, majority are your co-workers and you care what happens to them. There are a few that become your close buddies and you share so much of your life with them that it's only normal to miss them when you leave. 

I had two such close buddies. Both of them shared and played a huge role in my life. One I shared my role as a mother of adult children, a life well lived and just a conversation about world events according to two mature women. The other was much younger and we sat every single day eating lunch together. We sat in the old lunchroom which looked out into a park next door.


I can remember even now the thoughts that entered my mind as I looked out into that park. I felt envy as I watched the people cycling, walking or just plain sitting on the benches. I wanted to be part of enjoying the relaxation of being in Nature. I thought that the day would never arrive for me to be on the other side of that view. 

That parking lot next to the park held one of the most beautiful sunrises I have seen and no one noticed as we existed the building. I found that to be so sad. I didn't want to miss the sunrise in my life. I wanted to be part of it.

It's very amusing to me now when I reflect on that picturesque park. I used to think it was the most beautiful place and it was, still is. The most beautiful for where I was at during that point in my life. Living here, I have realized that there are many beautiful places, each even more spectacular than the last. I want to see them all.

I will never forget my time there and it will hold a s very special place in my heart. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...