Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Day By Day

                           Everyday is a brand new day,
                           everyday is a journey.


He who God's will has borne and done,
    And his own restless longings stilled,
  What else he does, or has foregone,
    His mission he has well fulfilled.
FROM THE GERMAN



I sat at my desk, staring out at the courtyard in front of our home. I love having a window view once again. Every morning, I see the Sun come up bringing a new day, a new beginning. This morning, the skies were clouded over as if they would burst with rain any minute. 

On days like these, one never really sees anything scurrying on the lawn or pavement. It's as if they know what's coming and they lay perfectly still in anticipation. No movement, just the sway of the tree branches. Then it happens and huge droplets pour down as the heaven's open. 

Emily has always referred to it as a baptism, wiping away all the debris and bringing life back. The shrubs and flowers always stand up tall right afterwards looking refreshed once receiving the living water. We all could use a bit of living water. Are you thirsty?

I love nature. I love a good thunder storm or a heavy snowfall. I appreciate the changing of the Seasons and the weather that comes with it. Could I live in a one climate zone? I'm not sure. Right now, Summer is almost over and as much as I enjoyed it, I am looking forward to Fall. 

These past two months have been so refreshing to my soul. I find myself in deep reflection on my life. I have also learned so much about myself and the things I would like to change. It's not easy to look in the mirror and it's even more difficult to accept what one sees reflected back.

Even though I may have been bold in my sudden move here, I still deal with fear. Fear of failure. Fear of not making it financially. Fear has been a huge stumbling block in my life. I have been taking my time in the next steps of living here. I am rather enjoying the nature part of living here and am always amazed at God's beauty all around me. Now back to my view.

Have a blessed day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...