Thursday, March 19, 2020

When It Rains, It Really Pours

                                            Everyday is a brand new day,
                                            everyday is a journey.


He spoke, and words more soft than rain
Brought the Age of Gold again:His action
 won such reverence sweet,
As hid all measure of the feat.


My day has not gone well at all. I awakened to a stiff neck and my right arm in pain from arthritis. Looking outside, I saw it was raining and quite chilly. No wonder the stiffness in my joints. Deciding that perhaps sitting under the hot shower would make me feel better, I headed to the bathroom. No hot water, in fact, no water was coming out from that tab at all. Not in the shower, nor the bathroom sink, nor the kitchen.

I literally groaned. I did not want to be dealing with the maintenance men today, especially if there was a real problem. Called the association office and they quickly sent someone out. They had to go out and replace the water heater. When I left for work, they were just installing it. Hopefully, I can take a nice hot shower when I get home.

I made my coffee and decided to settle in getting a few things done on my computer. No audio. None. Zilch. I'm checking all my connections and plugs. I'm in my settings trying to see if anything became "unclicked." Nothing. Again, I just resolved myself that perhaps I need to purchase a new set of speakers. It has been a long time since I've done so. Suddenly, the audio comes on . . .quite loudly, startling me right out of my skin!

It was just not a good morning. I understand that, I really do. Things happen and go haywire.

As I read on social media everyone being on a self quarantine hiatus inside their homes, I felt a bit of envy. What I could do with this time off, the ministry work or even my writing. Believe me, my time would be filled to the top. I also realized that the world has to keep on turning. Some may be in a position to work from home, but not everyone. We still need supplies to be produced and delivered. We still need maintenance men to come and fix the hot water tank. Can you imagine if we all were on lock down? I wouldn't have anyone to call. Instead, I would be heating up pots of water to bathe in.

Thank goodness for the people that are still working during this crisis. We need them and that's what keeps me going as I head out the door to my job. The stores have to be replenished even though I feel a bit envious of everyone who is self quarantined.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...