Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Wake Me Up When Spring Comes

                           Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

As to what may befall us outwardly,
 in this confused state of things, 
shall we not trust our tender Father, 
and rest satisfied in His will? 
Shall anything hurt us? 
Can tribulation, distress, persecution, 
famine, nakedness, peril, or sword,
 come between the love of the Father to the child, 
or the child's rest, content, and delight in His love? 
And doth not the love, the rest, the peace, 
the joy felt, swallow up all the bitterness 
and sorrow of the outward condition?
I. PENINGTON.


I've discovered something about myself the other day. I don't do well in Winter. It's just not for me. I'm very lethargic, sleepy, lazy and basically very mellowed out. I could sit for hours looking out the window daydreaming my entire day away. There is not an ounce of creativity or inspiration within me. I'm just there.

I have watched a video on YouTube where this person was saying how she begins all her goals for the year in February. For her, that is the perfect time, because January is spent recuperating from the Holidays. Well, I want to begin my goals in Spring. That will allow me plenty of time to get energized.

I think I am a person who needs to feel the warmth of the Sun on her face. I need longer days that offer more daylight. I need to hear the birds chirping and neighbors arguing outside.

I also believe that our bodies are made to hibernate like all the other animals. Our ancestors all worked hard for three of the Seasons and rested in Winter.


So I am taking it nice and slow, listening to my body. Maybe, my mind needs recuperation, too. I have to say, that sleeping after 3 a.m. is the absolute best for me. My bed feels safe, cozy and warm, very comforting in the Winter months. Very comforting. Why should I leave it so abruptly?

Every morning I awaken later than usual, starting my day slowly. I choose about one thing to accomplish that is the most important thing to do. . . that day. I make all sorts of plans for tomorrow that never materialize. 

Oh, Spring! Where art thou? 

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...