Sunday, March 15, 2020

The Virus Panic

                                                    Everyday is a brand new day
                                                    everyday is a journey


When I hear a young man spoken
 of as giving promise of high genius,
 the first question I ask about him is always—
Does he work?
—John Ruskin

It has been a very tough year, especially the last few weeks. Fear has escaped and is roaming the streets. Friends, I am not here to declare a side as others have on social media. If anything, I am here to acknowledge your feelings in response to this virus. It seems that people have been "discussing" a.k.a arguing on social networks in how everyone should be handling this situation.

First of all, I completely understand your fear or your lack of fear, because we are on different levels when it comes to our journey on this Earth. Some of us have been experiencing life changing events prior to the epidemic and therefore it has cemented our fears of uncertainty. Others are firmly set in their faith, because it is our faith that sustains us during these trials. Which ever path you are on, we have to realize that perhaps the way we were doing things may need to be revisited.

For instance, the prepping. There are numerous videos on YouTube and books out that have focused on food prepping for a crisis or just living a sustainable lifestyle. Many people have mocked these books and channels that they were allowing fear into their lives. Well, look at us now. Everyday we are seeing people going bonkers at the stores, because they have no pantries or any food storage on hand. Something to think about here, folks.

Secondly, we all carry germs. Let me say that again. We all have germs. We may cover our mouths when we cough, but what are we covering them with? If it is our hands, are you washing your hands right after? Are you splashing on some hand sanitizer? Are you using your sleeve? It's on your shirt then. No? Well, you're still spreading germs.

I'm not trying to be mean here at all. Right after I was diagnosed with cancer back in 2007, my chemo nurses instructed me on how to use a Clorox wipe on doorknobs, counters, cabinets, toilets every single day. These are just a few things, but I have continued doing so every single day. I would come to work and wipe down my desk, my phone, my keyboard . . . .everything. For years, people's reactions have been mocking to say the least. They would call me a germaphobe and scoff at me, aren't I perfect? Again, examine how you go about things. The same people that have stood up and pointed fingers at the ones who don't wash their hands, are spreading germs, too. We need to revisit how we do things.

Also, if you are one of those people who are taking advantage of this crisis to gain financially off others misfortune, you should be ashamed. People have been doing so for centuries, using wars and illnesses to line their pockets. Unfortunately, evil exists in this world and will continue to do so.

We have to remember one thing here. The world is still turning. We have to go to work, provide for our families, pay bills and basically live life in the best way we know how. Be smart about what is going on, but don't forget to live your life.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...