Saturday, September 21, 2019

Working out the Kinks



It has been quite an interesting last two weeks. Even though it may seem there has been silence on my end, things have been moving forward. For instance, my work for the past several years has been pretty monotonous. I could do this particular position with my eyes closed. It has not provided any kind of challenge to me and I can honestly say it has been the easiest position I have held.

These past two weeks have been invigorating, revitalizing, a regular breath of fresh air. They have added more work to my plate and I love it. I love being busy where the time flies by in a heartbeat. I look up and it's lunchtime. I look up again and there's an hour left before the shift ends. I love what I am doing now. All these years of a dry spell in my career where I felt I wasn't working in my full potential. Does that make sense?

There's just one problem. We have to work out the kinks. Like many things in life, we have to perfect an idea or a project until it can be fully functioning. Right now, the computers are not working properly or the program needs to be re-adjusted. Sometimes we have a good day and sometimes we are exhausted mentally. It can go either way.

The point here is that I feel alive for the first time in a very long time. I can only imagine what the future may hold for me here. There is a possibility that perhaps I may enjoy the remaining years until my retirement, whether early or not. I am not afraid of work, I just want it to be interesting. We all spend so much time at our jobs, shouldn't we at least enjoy it?

 Not to long ago, my son made a remark to my grandson, "Grandma doesn't like her job." Well, that kind of stuck with me. My negativity towards my job situation has evoked an image of me that wasn't exactly pleasant. I cannot blame anyone for where I have ended up in life, except myself. I work in a factory. I am a blue collar worker. There are no degrees next to my name. Believe it or not, it's okay with me. I provided for my children and now, for myself. That's all I can ask for. I am content with all of it, maybe a bit bored, but still grateful.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...