Wednesday, September 11, 2019

What Have I Been Up To

               
                                           Everyday is a brand new day,
                                              everyday is a journey.

Believ'st thou in eternal things?
    Thou knowest, in thy inmost heart,
  Thou art not clay; thy soul hath wings,
    And what thou seest is but part.
  Make this thy med'cine for the smart
    Of every day's distress; be dumb,
  In each new loss thou truly art
    Tasting the power of things that come.
T. W. Parsons.




I know it's been very quiet on my end in regards to my blog. Honestly, my fatigue has gotten the best of me. I sleep when I am tired, I rest whenever I can. I basically have been taking it easy, doing a little bit at a time.

Even my crocheting has been suffering. My right wrist has been hurting on and off for quite awhile. Whenever I would work on the homeless mats, my wrist would blow up swollen. I've decided to rest this hand and perhaps finally get it situated. I've been using a loom instead of the crocheting hook. It is much less strain on it and even then, I've been looming in the mornings and evenings only. I've also have been wearing a wrist brace which has helped tremendously.

In the meantime, my car has been maintenance completely and I am ready for Winter. This has been weighing on me very heavily since I can do without air conditioning, but I cannot do without heat. It also cost me a pretty penny, but I am grateful we had money to pay for it. In fact, this year alone, we have spent quite a bit of money. None of it frivolously, there was a purpose to it all. A lot has been accomplished with it.

The last Summer days are almost behind us and I am glad for it. As much as I have enjoyed wearing dresses, my body aches for the nesting of Winter. Each Season holds a special purpose and that's why I love living in a State that offers all four. I love to see the obvious changing of the landscape as one journey of my life ends and another begins. I welcome each one with open arms.


Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...