Friday, September 27, 2019

The Buddha Effect

                                                 Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.    


Love divine has seen and counted
Every tear it caused to fall;
And the storm which Love appointed
Was its choicest gift of all.
ANON.


Boy, am I missing a hot, long soak in the tub! When I was younger and actually could enjoy a leisurely soak, I didn't. Now that my body cannot do so because of my bad joints, I really miss it. Even if by some miracle I would be able to get into the tub, getting out was even harder. Bending and lifting these legs can be very painful. They sometimes feel like blocks of cement.

The last time I stayed by my son's home, they prepared a nice hot tubful of bubbles for me. They have this big and beautiful soaker tub that I felt for sure I could get into with no problem. It was a little tricky, but I got in and relaxed, enjoying every minute of it. I even used those new bath balls that had glitter in it.

When I was done, I pulled the plug and attempted to hoist myself out. Yeah, attempted. I tried and tried, folks. I tried in every direction and in every position. I wasn't getting out. I sat there, in all my naked Buddha glory, ready to cry. How in the world am I going to get out? I almost cried out for my Aubs., but looked down at my Buddha state. No one needs to see all of that!


Only by the Grace of God, was I able to hoist my body out of that tub, vowing to never attempt such a feat again. My soaking in the tub days were over, folks. It saddens me, you know. When we have a really tough day at work, we dream of sinking into a hot tub full of suds. We dream of soothing away the tired muscles with a hot soak. Alas, those days are over.

Oh Yeah, the glitter from those bath balls? Well, let's just say it will be there for awhile as a reminder that grandma Lottie was here!

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...