Monday, September 23, 2019

Reflections On Money

                                                                         Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                         everyday is a journey.


The parting sun sends out a glow
Across the placid bay,
Touching with glory all the show--
A breeze! Up helm! Away!
Careening to the wind, they reach,
With laugh and call, the shore.
They've left their footprints on the beach,
But them I hear no more.
--Richard Henry Dana.

Situations with money are totally split in our family. Some of us have done well and some quite the opposite. Some of us knew right from the start how to handle money and others learned the hard way. Of course, there are those that will never learn at all or think they need to. I really don't know too much about my paternal side, but the part I do know, it's pretty much not different from the maternal.

I think that the financial status of people are basically the same in every household and every family. One thing for certain, we do what we know. That means our parents were the role models for everyday living and handling of life. We either took after them in a good way or a bad way. Or perhaps, we learned from their experience and tried to better ourselves in that area. 

When it comes to money, I think we learn more from experience and we get better as we age. Now that my children are grown, I actually have some money to manage. I also have a newfound respect for it, something I didn't when I was younger. My only regret is that it took me so long to learn how to manage my money. 

This year I have finally graduated to that other level that I have only dreamed about. After all these bad monetary decisions, I finally have made some sound ones by providing for my future. I have also begun my journey to being debt free. You have no idea how liberating that feels, such a powerful feeling. For the first time in my life, I am in charge of my money. Yes, that's very powerful.

So I am be a bit late, but it's a lot better than where I was even ten years ago. My financial adviser said it best, don't worry about the past, it's where you are going now that matters.

Have a blessed day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...