Sunday, February 10, 2019

Time Management

                                               Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


There are in this loud stunning tide
Of human care and crime,
With whom the melodies abide
Of th' everlasting chime;
Who carry music in their heart
Through dusky lane and wrangling mart,
Plying their daily task with busier feet,
Because their secret souls a holy strain repeat.
J. KEBLE.


I have been chasing time for the past decade or so. I still haven't caught the little rascal. If you have been following me during that time, you will remember the many, many posts I have written in regards to it. I have spent so much of precious time researching books and articles on how to organize or schedule our routines. I had charts and diagrams of my various chores or activities. All to no avail.

You see, things would work for a while and then suddenly something called life would intervene. Poof! The schedule would disintegrate, crumbling at my feet. The problem here is that I'm trying to fit this huge chunk of stuff into this little bitty square. It will never fit until I delete some things and I have no intention of giving up anything. Absolutely not. 

So nowadays, I have stopped chasing more time and just try to deal with what I do have. I ended up deciding on what is truly important to me and what I absolutely need to do on a daily basis. 
1. I need to go to work every day and time has to be allotted not just for the 8 hours there, but the going and coming part. 
2. I also need to maintain my home by cleaning, doing laundry, paying bills and grocery shopping, just to list a few. 
3. I also need to dwell in God's word as much as I can on a daily basis. I do so by listening to podcasts as I clean or do laundry. Listen to Christian music as I drive or read daily devotions via my e-mails.
4. I need to spend quality family time whenever possible, especially during family meal times. Also, if my children need me while I am in the middle of something, I stop to devote my full attention to them.

Everything else like the Ministry, the blog, the group etc., I do whenever I can. I don't beat myself up if I can't post a blog daily or crochet. I do what I can when I can. Period. Of course, any appointments I have, I keep those. The one thing I wish I did have more time for are my friends where we can have frequent lunches, tea parties or walks together. I feel we spend more time via social media than in physical contact due to lack of time on both sides. 

So here you have it, friends. This is the struggle I deal with when it comes to chasing time. I just do what I can when I can.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...