Friday, November 19, 2021

The Enemy Within

 

                        Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



What heart can comprehend Thy name,

Or, searching, find Thee out?
Who art within, a quickening flame,
A presence round about.

Yet though I know Thee but in part,
I ask not, Lord, for more:
Enough for me to know Thou art,
To love Thee and adore.
F. L. HOSMER.

I have battled self doubt, negativity, lack of self worth, shame and fear all of my life. In fact, these are the same things that have held me back in life. I have done a lot with my life, but I could have been so much more if I did not cave into that enemy within. 

We all struggle with these same demons. None of us are exempt from their addictive nature. Trust me when I say they believe in equal opportunity for all. 

We can spend months and years working on ourselves only for that enemy to re-appear in a snap of your fingers erasing all you have accomplished. Just like that. Suddenly, you doubt yourself and others. Suddenly, you feel like a nobody with no one. Suddenly, you believe it will never work out. 

These enemies from within lurk in the shadows just waiting for you to slip up. Just one little fall and they are there reminding you who you were at one time.  Usually, from a time where you were not at your best. The shameful the past memory the more it will be used by the enemy. 

I am grateful for having God in my life. Where would I be without Him? Back in that worthless pit of despair bathing myself with all of the above. He covered me with His love, His grace, His forgiveness and whispered in my ear just how beautiful I am to Him. I am His and He is mine and nothing will ever pluck me from His hand! Nothing!

We have a tendency to live in our pasts, carrying around our shame as a permanent hump on our back. Some of us don't ever want to let go of that past. We cling to it as a life line too scared to let go and trust. Just trust. Have faith. Believe. These are words, but oh so life changing!

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...