Sunday, November 21, 2021

Know Thyself

 

                                 Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


I walked a mile with pleasure

she chatted all the way

but left me none the wiser

for all she had to say.

I walked a mile with sorrow

and not a word said she

but all the things 

I learned from her 

when sorrow walked with me.

Anon


I wish I knew who wrote that little poem, because it is so very true. We certainly learn plenty when we are in a trial. Not just about survival, but also about ourselves. Sometimes, these things are not very pleasant and it can be difficult to acknowledge them. 

This is the stage where I am at now. The way we perceive ourselves seems to be a bit false. I always thought I was a great listener, but yet, I interrupt everyone. I think I have been lying to myself on that one.  I'm also a horrible whisperer. Too many embarrassing moments to mention. Another thing I have learned is that one can never be too sure of something or someone. Everyone can fall or crumble, because we all are human, not superhuman. 

Refining myself has been a major project that will most likely never end. There is always something we need to change, absorb, learn or improve on. Plus, it can hurt horribly and intentionally as each layer is peeled away. One Pastor said whenever we ask God to help us with something like patience, also ask for mercy, because He will teach you patience. You will go through the fire, but you will also come out of that fire better, stronger.

What is that something that you need to work on at this time? Maybe it has been brewing inside of you for years, but you kept pushing it down. Blaming others? It might be too painful, too shameful to re-open. We are really good at lying to ourselves or even making excuses for things we don't like to do or face. 

There are so many things we need to learn about this world, it's people and our role in it. When we left school, we thought all the studying and learning was over, but we were wrong. It was just the beginning. Show me, Lord, who I am. Show me.


Have a blessed day everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...