Monday, July 12, 2021

Lost In My Thoughts

  

             Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey. 



Thy secret judgment's depths profound

    Still sings the silent night;
  The day, upon his golden round,
    Thy pity infinite.
I. WILLIAMS. Tr. from Latin

It was a lazy day today. I awakened very early way before the Sun came up and yet, I didn't get up until hours later. I had no energy, no sense of urgency of any kind. All I wanted was to stay in doing absolutely nothing.

All day long, I moved slowly, lost in my own thoughts. Sometimes, we live more in our heads than in the surroundings around us. We keep going back to days of old, whether good or bad has no significance. We keep replaying events in our minds from years ago. Remembering. Reminiscing. Reliving.

I love these quiet days, because we need to remember and process the daily occurrences in our life. We rush around so much from work to stores to activities as if we were on fire. The days . . . . they just pass by so quickly. What happened to this month? This year?

I moved throughout my day dressed in mismatched, comfy clothes secretly hoping no one comes a knocking. Could I freeze this day until further notice? Could I pull it out of my pocket whenever I needed a refresher? A peace fix?

There are times where I could sit still, sipping my coffee or tea, staring at the wall completely at peace. Does that sound insane? Does our mind need to be thinking all the time? Can we just sit still and be?

 It is so relaxing to take in all the sounds around us. The birds singing outside. The coffee machine perking away as the scent of fresh coffee fills the air. The sound of a lawn mower in the distance. One could close their eyes and imagine a scene without any words at all. 

Solitude. Silence. Thoughts. It can be so relaxing to do absolutely nothing, but take in the world around us. My late grandma Bernice often would sit outside for hours just watching and listening. I so understand now the why. The reasoning behind it. Oh, how we need days such as this one. Bask in them. Embrace them for they are so rare.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...