Wednesday, July 21, 2021

An Unfortunate Set Of Events

 

                             Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



Drop Thy still dews of quietness,

Till all our strivings cease;
Take from our souls the strain and stress,
And let our ordered lives confess
The beauty of Thy peace.
J. G. WHITTIER.

There's something in the air.

It's a full moon tonight.

The planets and stars are not aligned right. 

When it rains it pours.

There's a black cloud over my head.

Ever have a week where absolutely nothing went according to plan? A week where obstacles have been left in your path and you are feeling frustrated as to what is happening. Yeah, been there, done that. So why am I not an expert at handling it? Why? Who wants to become an expert at that?

Let me tell you about my week. 

We brought home another kitten about 7 weeks old (Isabella) as a playmate for our 3 month old (Savannah). We were so excited all the way home and couldn't wait to get these two together. A little family. Well, that's not what happened. Savannah took one look at Isabella still inside the carrier and every hair on her body stood up. What followed was an agonizing day of trying to get them together. We googled info and called our friends all to no avail. Nothing worked. Not even separate food, water and litter boxes. Savannah was hissing, growling and even trying to pounce on her. In the end, we separated them with Isabella residing inside my bedroom. 

The next day, after Church, I decided that since we were so distraught and exhausted from our cat ordeal, we would order out instead of cooking. Anyway, I needed to lay down and get some sleep since I was doing overnight. Of course, the internet was buffering like crazy. Then I placed my order online and clicked by accident pickup instead of delivery. Before I could do anything, the order was sent, because suddenly the internet wanted to work. I tried calling the place to have them change it, but no there was nothing they could do to fix it. I would have to order again. Well, I already paid for it. 

Off I went, fuming. What was the point of me ordering out if I had to pick it up? The GPS sent me to the wrong address. By then, I just wanted to cry. I was tired, hungry and emotionally drained. I did finally find it, went home to eat and did manage about 2 1/2 hours of sleep before heading out to work. 

Day three, some good news for a change. The mattress that we ordered would be delivered next week. They will arrive sometime between 8 a.m.- 2 p.m. which was perfect since we both were working 2nd shift that day. Off to work I went only to find that one of the washing machines was out of order and another was acting up. At least, our free lunch smelled heavenly as I passed in the halls. Ah, she was cooking up roast beef for sandwiches. Fresh roast beef. At lunchtime, my belly was looking forward to that roast beef. She handed me a plate with a grilled ham and cheese sandwich. The roast beef was for tomorrow. 

Got up the next morning determined to enjoy my day off. I had only one appointment at the vet with Isabella and that was at 9 a.m. The rest of the day would be mine. Everything went well until I noticed there was a message on my phone. It was the mattress people to confirm the delivery for next week between 3 and 7 p.m. What? No way. Why did they change it?

I called them to change the time to morning like before and then it begins. They cannot guarantee a specific time. Can we change the day then? We only come into your area on Thursday. But there will be no one here. I am sorry, but I cannot guarantee specific time and date. So in other words, the mattress that I ordered June 14 and was to be delivered on July 14 would be finally here on the 29th on a day that no one would be home and there was nothing I could do about it? I would have to take a day off from work with no pay to sit around waiting for them to come?


Sigh. So I did what every normal person would do in my position. I took off my Christian hat and let them know how unhappy I was with their customer service. I think I did pretty good, there was no cussing, but I did hang up the phone. I will not ever give them my business again. 

While I was in Church, I realized something extremely important. I need Jesus. I need Him for not just the big things in my life, but also for all the minor irritations of daily living. Life can be beautiful, but it is also full of frustrations that will send you on your knees by the Cross. The older I get, the more I depend on Him. Good times, bad times will come and go, but my relationship with Jesus only deepen. I am so grateful for that.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...