Sunday, July 4, 2021

Just Breathe

                        Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey. 


Lord, I my vows to Thee renew;

Disperse my sins as morning dew;
Guard my first springs of thought and will,
And with Thyself my spirit fill.
THOMAS KEN.

Time is a precious thing. We cannot get time back whenever we waste it. Working in a senior facility, I often hear the regret in their lives, the missed opportunities and the lack of forgiveness of past hurts. So many regrets all because we lacked judgment of prioritizing what was important.

I have to constantly remind myself to stop and smell the roses or look up at the beautiful sky to admire the handiwork of God. Believe it or not, it's quite hard for me. I fill my plate to hold as much as it can. It's how I am built, but I do understand the importance of resting and being present in the moment.

Finding that perfect balance where we can just breathe is difficult. We face so many stressful situations in just our daily life. There is an aura in the air of busyness, an on the go lifestyle. Social media runs our life where we see people living the life we always wanted or it may just seem like it. Behind that picture lies a whole other kind of story. We see that post and think we need to be just as active. Social media traps us every time.

So how do I find that balance? Honestly, I struggle like the rest of you. In my mind, I have an entirely different scene of how I think my life plays out. Oh yes, I sit on that porch or patio drinking in the morning sunshine as I sip my coffee. I turn my face upwards to feel the warmth of the day. Breathe. Just breathe.

It's all a lie. It's a rare day indeed that I can live out that fantasy. My days are too full with stuff, just plain ole stuff. Oh, I find excuses to explain myself as well. Yet, I yearn for that porch, that warmth. Oh, how I yearn!

When that moment comes, I breathe in all that sunshine around me. I close my eyes and take a deep, deep breath, exhaling as I open them once more. Life is good. God is good. Just don't forget to breathe.

Have a blessed day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...