Tuesday, July 21, 2020

The Catch Up Game

                                 Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


Riches and nobility fade together.
 O, my God!
 be thou praised for having made
 love for all time, 
and immortal as thyself.
—George Sand.

There is nothing worse than a slow start to any race. Everyone knows it is twice as hard to get caught up, sometimes ending in nothing, but defeat. Here we are in almost the middle of July and I am still playing the catch up game. One of my favorite games.

I keep running into people and their one complaint is that we have not enough time to get things done. Well, hello. I have been chasing time since my time here on Earth. It just won't be caught. Why do we even bother with goals and resolutions, they never seem to get off the ground.

I remember watching Beth Moore, not quite sure what the event was or the Bible study. I do remember what she said. She spoke of a time where she had to make a decision in giving up something that she enjoyed doing. She had to, because she really didn't have enough time to do all the things she loved. 

Boy, do I know what she was going through. I have struggled this past year in trying to maintain a schedule of some sorts. No matter what I tried, it just didn't work. Then my writing muse left me and I felt dried up as a writer. It's been a dry season for this blog and several of my other activities. I had to make decisions working on what was the most important at that time. Some things have been laid to rest on a shelf collecting dust. Cobwebs.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Maybe, tomorrow will be that day where things will get down and the slate will be cleared? Or perhaps something new will begin it's journey in my heart and life? That is the beauty of life, one never knows what journey will unfold. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...