Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Stormy Days

                                           Everyday is a brand new day,
                                           everyday is a journey.                    




Whate'er events betide,
    Thy will they all perform;
  Safe in Thy breast my head I hide,
    Nor fear the coming storm.
H. F. LYTE

I have never been afraid of storms. Here in Chatham, with the open sky, storms look foreboding and dark. The vastness and beauty of it, I just can't get enough of it. Living in the city, I have never seen the sky in this way. 

Nature is so beautiful and yet dangerous at the same time. It is also wonderful for healing.

Aubs.:  Mama, do you know what a tornado siren sounds like? When you hear one, just go into your bathroom. 

Me: Have you seen a tornado?

Aubs,: No.

Me: Have you heard the siren go off?

Aubs.: Yes. 

You know, I've forgotten about tornadoes. Silly, isn't it? It's all part of country living and yet, it never even entered my mind. Am I afraid? No, but I certainly respect the force of nature. 

It's been raining on and off all week. You can see that the storms are not over by the darkened skies and puddles of water everywhere. 

One of our neighbors children came running out to play in the puddles during the last storm. As the thunder and lightening roared, they screamed as they ran back into their mother's arms. Not for long, soon they came back out again until the skies roared again. I loved to watch their carefree play and the laughter as they squealed their delight. 

Such a lovely moment, full of innocence and purity. Oh, to be a child once again. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...